Alexander has played in charity concerts for Opportunity Cambodia.
Please visit http://www.opportunitycambodia.org.au/ for more information.
Did you know?
- Cambodia is the fourth poorest country in the world
- During the 1970s the Khmer Rouge wiped out almost the entire educated middle class in Cambodia
- Almost 80% of the population live in rural areas at subsistence level
- 70% of Cambodians live on less than USD2 per day
- 47% of children aged 10-14 are involved in child labour
- only 6% of Cambodian villages have a lower secondary school
- only 18% of children of secondary school age are enrolled in lower secondary school
In the Khmer language Oka Tmay means ‘new opportunity’. This is the name of the first children’s residential education centre that has been established. It is housed in a large traditional village house in a rural commune about 80km south of Siem Reap City. Here the children are given clothing, shelter, food and education. For more information please download the brochure below.
Make a general contribution
Donations of any size to support the welfare and education of the children will be greatly appreciated www.afap.org